Morgan has been published widely, including the following press articles:
- Archer Magazine (26 October 2016) Intersex awareness day: Thinking outside the box. A full version was also published by the Intersex Day Project.
- Star Observer (21 October 2015) Intersex-related research must have direct input from intersex community; also published in Spanish at Brúlula Intersexual La investigación relacionada a la intersexualidad debe tener una contribución directa de la comunidad intersex
- SBS News (16 March 2015) Comment: ‘curing’ intersex is damaging and common
Read in Spanish, courtesy of Brújula Intersexual, Comentario: ‘Curar’ la intersexualidad es perjudicial y común.
- Star Observer (25 October 2014) Why Intersex Awareness Day is important; also published in Spanish at Brújula Intersexual Porque el Día de la Visibilidad Intersexual (26 de octubre) es importante.
- Star Observer (13 March 2014) Intersex explained and the issues that confront us.
- ABC’s The Drum (6 March 2014) ‘Intersex’ ruling misses the bigger picture A range of legal developments have led to great public interest in identification documents and a “third sex”, often misconstrued as intersex. This article by Morgan presents an intersex perspective, supporting diversity while encouraging a better understanding of intersex.
- ABC’s The Drum (15 November 2013) It’s time to defend intersex rights Published in November 2013, in the weeks after the Senate published a ground-breaking report on the Involuntary or coerced sterilisation of intersex people in Australia, this article summarises the report from a community perspective.
- Gay News Network (November 2013) We must put an end to normalising surgery.
- Star Observer (25 October 2013) Intersex rights: the next fight.
- Silvan Agius, Morgan Carpenter and Dan Ghattas in Der Spiegel (22 August 2013) Third gender: A step towards ending intersex discrimination?.
- The Guardian (18 June 2013) Australia can lead the way for intersex people Published in June 2013, shortly before parliament passed intersex-inclusive anti-discrimination legislation, this was an opportunity to raise awareness of intersex human rights and health issues in an important new publication in Australia. Read in Dutch, courtesy of NNID (2 October 2013) Australië wegwijzer voor intersekse.
Selected interviews and statements include:
- Buzzfeed (13 March 2017) These Groups Want Unnecessary Surgery On Intersex Infants To Be Made A Crime by Lane Sainty (article).
- ABC Triple J (7 March 2017) The “I” in LGBTQI: What it’s like growing up intersex by Sarah McVeigh (article). A live radio interview is also available, broadcast on 6 March 2017.
- SBS (15 December 2016) The medical community’s approach to intersex people is still primarily focused on “normalising” surgeries by Simon Copland (article).
- The Australian (7 December 2016) Family Court backs parents on removal of gonads from intersex child by Caroline Overington (article).
- BBC News (7 December 2016) Australian court approves intersex child’s surgery by Greg Dunlop (article).
- Interview for Logo TV’s Global Ally storytelling project, broadcast for Intersex Awareness Day, 2016 (video).
- SBS Zela (17 August 2016) Haters and hyperandrogenism: Caster Semenya’s road to becoming an Olympic favourite by Erin Stewart (article).
- News.com.au (16 August 2016) There should be no questions about Caster Semenya’s right to compete by Benedict Brook. Please note that some intersex people do transition, but specific, current IAAF/IOC rules apply to transgender athletes. We don’t know if Caster Semenya has an intersex trait or not, but she is simply competing with the body she was born with, in the sex and gender she has always been (article).
- Lateral Magazine (7 March 2016) Intersex body politics by Katie Milanowicz. Please note that Morgan is pro-personal consent, not anti-surgery (article).
- The Guardian (10 February 2016) Is the world finally waking up to intersex rights? by Naomi Larsson (article).
- Buzzfeed (4 February 2016) This Is What It’s Like To Be Intersex In Australia In 2016 by Lane Sainty (article).
- The Huffington Post (23 December 2015), Intersex and the City, interviewed with Miriam van der Have, co-chair of OII Europe, by Jason Cianciotto (article).
- 2ser 107.3 (8 November 2015) The Chat with Jake Morcom (radio).
- SBS The Feed (10 March 2015) Intersex: the I in LGBTI (TV) An SBS television feature on intersex by The Feed, including interviews with Morgan Carpenter, Bonnie Hart (AISSGA) and Dr Shubha Srinivasan (paediatric clinician).
- ABC Triple J Sunday Night Safran (4 May 2014) Secrets (radio).
- Canberra Times (29 November 2013). ACT government bill will introduce wider gender identification by Lisa Cox (article).
- RT (1 November 2013) ‘X’ gender: Germans no longer have to classify their kids as male or female (article).
- Deutsche Welle (1 November 2013) Third sex option on birth certificates by Natalie Muller (article).
- AFP News (14 June 2013) Australia embraces new gender guidelines by Madeleine Coorey (article).