Lecturing and training presentations on intersex biomedical ethics and legal issues.
Page last reviewed 23 September 2021
Bioethics and medical ethics
- Guest lecturer in the Biomedicine and Society unit (BETH5103), for students in postgraduate Bioethics Programs, Sydney Health Ethics, University of Sydney. Semester 2, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Lectures on intersex to second year students of the Sydney Medical Program block on Endocrinology, Nutrition and Sexual Health, University of Sydney School of Medicine. May 2018 and 2019; the 2019 presentation was also shared in 2020.
- Guest lectures for the Sex, Gender & Sexuality unit (SEXH5407) of the Masters degree programs in HIV, STIs and Sexual Health at the University of Sydney School of Medicine. October 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and September 2021.
- Sessions on intersex health and well-being to the University of Melbourne Medical Doctor Student Conference. June 2015 and 2020 (2020 video).
- Presentation to students at the Comitato Unico di Garanzia, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria di Careggi (Florence). May, 2015.
- Presentation for students taking courses in Genetic Counselling at the UTS Graduate School of Health. May 2019.
- Repeat presentations for final year students taking the unit GENC5011, Clinical Practice III, Master of Genetic Counselling Program, University of Sydney School of Medicine. August 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Guest lecturer on intersex variations and culture, for students studying a Masters program in Sexology, Curtin University School of Public Health. Perth. October 2018 and August 2019.
- Intersex – misconceptions and surgical interventions, at the First Annual LGBTI Legal & Regulatory Conference. Melbourne, Victoria. 25-26 May 2017. Details.
LGBTI health workers
Gender and queer studies
- Introduction to intersex presentations at the Università Degli Studi Di Verona Centro di Ricerca Politesse Politiche e Teorie Della Sessualità and the Università Degli Studi Firenze (Florence). May, 2015.
- Lecture on intersex for the Bodies, Sexualities, Identities unit for students studying at the University of Sydney Department of Gender and Cultural Studies. 30 April 2013.