Lecturing and training presentations on intersex biomedical ethics and legal issues.
Page last reviewed 16 October 2022
Bioethics and medical ethics
- Guest lecturer in the Biomedicine and Society unit (BETH5103), for students in postgraduate Bioethics Programs, Sydney Health Ethics, University of Sydney. Semester 2, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Lectures on intersex to second year students of the Sydney Medical Program block on Endocrinology, Nutrition and Sexual Health, University of Sydney School of Medicine. May 2018 and 2019; the 2019 presentation was also shared in 2020.
- Guest lectures for the Sex, Gender & Sexuality unit (SEXH5407) of the Masters degree programs in HIV, STIs and Sexual Health at the University of Sydney School of Medicine. From 2016 to present (2022).
- Sessions on intersex health and well-being to the University of Melbourne Medical Doctor Student Conference. June 2015 and 2020 (2020 video).
- Presentation to students at the Comitato Unico di Garanzia, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria di Careggi (Florence). May, 2015.
- Presentation for students taking courses in Genetic Counselling at the UTS Graduate School of Health. May 2019.
- Repeat presentations for final year students taking the unit GENC5011, Clinical Practice III, Master of Genetic Counselling Program, University of Sydney School of Medicine. August 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Guest lecturer on intersex variations and culture, for students studying a Masters program in Sexology, Curtin University School of Public Health. Perth. October 2018 and August 2019.
- Intersex – misconceptions and surgical interventions, at the First Annual LGBTI Legal & Regulatory Conference. Melbourne, Victoria. 25-26 May 2017. Details.
LGBTI health workers
Gender and queer studies
- Introduction to intersex presentations at the Università Degli Studi Di Verona Centro di Ricerca Politesse Politiche e Teorie Della Sessualità and the Università Degli Studi Firenze (Florence). May, 2015.
- Lecture on intersex for the Bodies, Sexualities, Identities unit for students studying at the University of Sydney Department of Gender and Cultural Studies. 30 April 2013.