Selected media in 2018
- RightsInfo (11 December 2018): ‘Being Intersex Can Be Beautiful’ – It Shouldn’t Deny You Choices About Your Body by Charlie Duffield (article).
- The Sydney Morning Herald/The Age (15 September 2018): Inquiry into Human Rights of Intersex People by Jewel Topsfield (article).
- ABC News (28 April 2018): interviewed by Amanda Shalala with Katrina Karkazis and Gideon Meyerowitz-Katz on new IAAF regulations targeting Caster Semenya (article and television news interview).
- Guest participation with Hannah McCann in a live episode of Queers Podcast, by Simon Copland and Ben Riley, recorded at the Better Together conference, January 2018. iTunes
Selected media in 2017
- SBS Insight (7 November 2017) Intersex (television program).
- Buzzfeed (13 March 2017) These Groups Want Unnecessary Surgery On Intersex Infants To Be Made A Crime by Lane Sainty (article).
- ABC Triple J (7 March 2017) The “I” in LGBTQI: What it’s like growing up intersex by Sarah McVeigh (article). A live radio interview is also available, broadcast on 6 March 2017.
Selected media in 2016
- SBS (15 December 2016) The medical community’s approach to intersex people is still primarily focused on “normalising” surgeries by Simon Copland (article).
- The Australian (7 December 2016) Family Court backs parents on removal of gonads from intersex child by Caroline Overington (article).
- Interview for Logo TV’s Global Ally storytelling project, broadcast for Intersex Awareness Day, 2016 (video).
- SBS Zela (17 August 2016) Haters and hyperandrogenism: Caster Semenya’s road to becoming an Olympic favourite by Erin Stewart (article).
- News.com.au (16 August 2016) There should be no questions about Caster Semenya’s right to compete by Benedict Brook. Please note that some intersex people do transition, but specific, current and different IAAF/IOC rules apply to transgender athletes. We don’t know if Caster Semenya has an intersex trait or not, but she is simply competing with the body she was born with, in the sex and gender she has always been (article).
- Lateral Magazine (7 March 2016) Intersex body politics by Katie Milanowicz. Please note that Morgan is pro-personal consent, not anti-surgery (article).
- The Guardian (10 February 2016) Is the world finally waking up to intersex rights? by Naomi Larsson (article).
- Buzzfeed (4 February 2016) This Is What It’s Like To Be Intersex In Australia In 2016 by Lane Sainty (article).
Selected media in 2015
- The Huffington Post (23 December 2015), Intersex and the City, interviewed with Miriam van der Have, co-chair of OII Europe, by Jason Cianciotto (article).
- 2ser 107.3 (8 November 2015) The Chat with Jake Morcom (radio).
- SBS The Feed (10 March 2015) Intersex: the I in LGBTI (TV) An SBS television feature on intersex by The Feed, including interviews with Morgan Carpenter, Bonnie Hart (AISSGA) and Dr Shubha Srinivasan (paediatric clinician).
Selected media in 2014
- ABC Triple J Sunday Night Safran (4 May 2014) Secrets (radio).
Selected media in 2013
- Canberra Times (29 November 2013). ACT government bill will introduce wider gender identification by Lisa Cox (article).
- RT (1 November 2013) ‘X’ gender: Germans no longer have to classify their kids as male or female (article).
- Deutsche Welle (1 November 2013) Third sex option on birth certificates by Natalie Muller (article).
- AFP News (14 June 2013) Australia embraces new gender guidelines by Madeleine Coorey (article).